The drop of consumer confidence, changes of consumer buying patterns, restriction of credits and collapse of spending are some of the main results of the global financial crisis affecting consumer goods industries and causing, as a consequence, significant loss of revenues and profits.
To overcome this situation, executives of consumer goods companies should strive to answer some key questions, such as:
- How can we reduce stocks and operation costs without affecting customer service, through improving the efficiency of our distribution networks?
- What can we do to improve the flexibility of our supply chain (to match the dynamics of demand and react promptly to unforeseen peaks or valleys) without increasing stocks and operational costs?
- What can we do to manage customer returns, ensure after sales assistance, comply with laws for the protection of the environment?
- How can we improve our customer service function in order to reduce cost and improve customer experience?
How CBE transforms Challenges into Results
Our practice in consumer goods industries has accumulated large on-the-ground experience, in order to:
- Identify critical aspects, risks and weak points of the supply chain by comparing its actual performances with company targets and industry best practices;
- Improve supply chain performance through improvement projects aimed to eliminate critical issues, manage risks, enhance productivity and efficiency of operations;
- Reorganize procurement processes through new organization, sourcing strategies and proper tools;
- Reorganize customer service operations by implementing highly efficient customer centric processes;
- Develop and implement the Reverse Logistics concept and organization to increase customer service, retrieve residual value from obsolete and end of life products, protect the environment and respect the laws.
CBE partners with consumer goods companies to address their most important strategic, operational, and organizational challenges. Our focus on delivering lasting competitive advantage has helped our clients to succeed in an increasingly challenging marketplace.